It is directly associated with over 95 percent of the cellular energy produced by the body. This means that without Ubiquinol, our bodies could not properly produce the energy we need to function—especially in our hearts, where a high concentration of Ubiquinol is found.
Ubiquinol CoQ10 promotes heart health by helping to provide the cellular energy needed to power the heart. Ubiquinol is critical in the production of ATP, the body’s primary fuel. This fuel is used for three basic yet critical heart functions:
- Contraction – to keep the heart pumping consistently
- Relaxation – to allow the heart to rest between beats
- Molecular Synthesis – to maintain the heart’s structure by building important cellular components
The energy demands of the heart are among the highest in the body. It takes energy for the ventricles of the heart to contract as they pump blood to the arteries, but it takes even more energy to relax the contracted muscle. The heart requires significant amounts of cellular energy to function. Without enough ATP in the “energy pool”, the heart’s function would be compromised.
The Ubiquinol form of CoQ10 is also a powerful antioxidant. It helps protect against oxidative stress caused by free radicals. Acting as an antioxidant, Ubiquinol can neutralize free radical cells that might otherwise damage healthy cells within the body.
In summary, Ubiquinol CoQ10:
- Promotes optimal heart health
- Supports natural cellular energy production
- Replenishes Ubiquinol levels depleted by aging, certain health conditions, and/or cholesterol-lowering medicines
- Is more bioactive than conventional Q10.